Should I upgrade?
That being said, if you have a lot of money lying around, there are two things you can do.
- You can upgrade your phone as frequently as you wish, or
- You can send me a few thousand dollars. My mailing address is posted online.
If you are someone who always wants to have the newest device because you can, or because you’re a techie or you like what it does to your perceived social status, that’s your prerogative.
But especially for iPhones, most of the most common problems can be addressed with a repair – issues such as:
- Broken screens, charger ports, cameras and dying batteries.
If you would like to upgrade but don’t need the latest and greatest, I recommend always staying a couple of models behind the newest.
- Repairs will be much cheaper (most of the time cheaper than the insurance deductible, which most people do not know).
- The phones will still be supported with the latest software updates and
- Performance should still be satisfactory.